Friday, June 19, 2009

Week In the Residence hall

This week was full of so much fun and excitement. i learned more about the UNO campus and the ways to use everything. I feel closer to an adult than ever before. My new Friends from this week just got bigger all week. I got to know everyone and what the liked to do and how they were. I really liked how we connected on more than just a classmate level. The RA's were so cool too. Hector showed me a lot and ill never forget the Snail. Ashley is just one cool girl that knows how to dance. Jarrett, what is there to say he is just that cool. D'Antae was there for everything and was really fun to talk to. Caitlin, this girl knows how to have a good time and is really exciting and fun to be with. Eryn, wow she is a very cool and fun girl too but also knows how to balance everything very well. I can't believe its already over but ill never forget this week. I know more than ever before.

My balancing acts weren't the best but I did manage to know everything for my test today. I studied when everyone was having fun. I learned new techniques for me to use during my college years. I also figured that working better with other people is helpful. My new connections and ways I met people that sat right next to me in class, help me even more. The studying could have been more but I still did good.

The resident activites were really fun. I played basketball and Battle of the Scholars,and capture the flag. We also watch a movie( I did cry) and had an ice cram social. This week was full of fun. The Ra's knew how to challenge us and get us to work together. Like in Basketball we started to pas more and Nick scored off a pass. This made us even closer than ever before. i really wish we were still there but it's nice to be home too. I know that there is still three more weeks but not like this week.

The camp at NLOM was amazing. We went on the high ropes course and talked through our fears. Today we went up on the team course and used great team work skills. I got to see the group grow and become more like a small family traveling over a rough area. Suspeneded up to 55 ft. was really scary but i was cool with being up there. Than the final outcome was the zipline. WOW, I felt like superman, Ill never forget that place. Thanks to all the staff that made this event possible, Maggie, Megan,Dennis,Rachel, and Timothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment