Friday, June 12, 2009

During my first week of college I have seen and experienced many things. From my new travels in the school I have seen the different kinds of students from people getting credits over the summer to people coming back to school to finish their degrees. It's very nice knowing that there are different ages all around campus and not like high school where we have just four. They feelings that pour professors are really interested in helping you and getting to know you. The other thing that is really great about my college life so far is how your opinion is not the only one, others may feel the same or may not. When an argument arouse in the class there was more than one way to see the matter at hand. In the Native Americans Studies class there is an atmosphere of everyone is a person no one is better than the other. I have already seen how having a lecture, to watching a video in a college class is different than high school.

From the study group that I have been doing with my classmates and our Facilitator( John Rocks!!). We had our first small Jeopardy!!game to review what we had learned after the first three days. We have had a lot of fun in there already after just two days. It has helped all of us in my class going to the study group and discuss what the notes were about to what some of the key things to pay attention to. I know that getting involved with this program was going to be fun I just didn't know how much fun I would really have.

In the College 101 class i have started to learn more about college. How to study, where to go, how to use Blackboard. It has showed me how to look for the best college for me. We have also had some fun in this class with doing this twist activity and also learning about where we all come from. Things that tells us how to be the best we can be at college. How to be great students in the classroom. The basicis of college life and the balancing act the comes from it.

In the social area of college I have had a great time meeting new people. Not just in the scholars but also people in my class. With our service learning projects we have had fun making a collage about Breoan's dream jobs. My partner Markita has been fun to work with and just to talk to. I hope that from all of this I will be closer to being even more comfortable with college. In the first two days I was already have a study group with Nick And Brazier, in the library. It was fun researching about the Wichita Tribe and finding about some of the culture and history that goes along with that. I can't wait for Sunday, were going to stay in the dorms and get to go rock climbing and get to know each other even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment